Friday, July 17, 2015

ODE TO NISSWA
(To the tune of Rocket Man )

Ground Control to Ivah Rae
Ground Control to Ivah Rae
Use your bug spray and please put your clothes back on!

Ground Control to Ivah Rae (10, 9, 8, 7, 6)
Keep those bugs out, shut the door (5, 4, 3)
Check you’re A/C and may God's love be with you (2, 1 . . .Liftoff)



This is Ground Control to Ivah Rae

The storm has briefly cleared.

Now it's time to leave the RV if you dare.


"This is Ivah Rae to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door and

the bugs are biting in the most peculiar place

The air’s so thick I need a scuba tank.



Here am I sitting in my tin can
my skin stuck to the couch.

I am hot and blue

with bug bites up my kazoo.

Though we drove one hundred thousand miles

This isn’t what I’d planned.
And I think my husband knows just how I feel”

Ground Control to Ivah Rae
You’re tuning out there’s something wrong.

Can you hear me, Ivah Rae?

Can you hear me, Ivah Rae?
Can you hear…

“...And I'm walking round my tin can
Nakey and still so hot.

Another storm’s moving through

And there's nothing I can do…"

No comments:

Post a Comment