Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bed bite???

Tomorrow should be our last pack day. A day I wasn't sure would ever come. After the packing is complete, I plan on taking one last bubble bath, with a little lavender Epsom salt added for the aches and pains.  The RV is large and has two bathrooms; shower is full size but there’s no tub. If only I could figure out how to seal up the seams in the rounded glass doors, I could swim around in all its tallness and be as happy as a fantail goldfish. I will miss my tub.

My closet, the one the size of a bedroom, that will be missed too.

Currently, our RV is bulging in the middle, like an overweight cat. Yesterday, while Mark was working at the house, I stayed at the RV to attempt to find a place for everything.  Our bed lifts for additional storage, and as I was putting things away underneath it, the dang thing closed up and BIT ME!!!

For those who remember, I had surgery on both knees in February and have a heck of a time getting back up, once I am down on the floor. Add the weight of a queen bed on top of me and I was stuck and wiggling, like a bug flipped over on its back, on a hot day. And worst of all, Mark wasn't there to rescue me!

Needless to say, panic creates adrenaline. I not only rescued myself, I almost picked up the RV and tossed it at the nearest dumpster. But if I’d done that, there’d have been no rescuing me from Mark. So, I said a few choice words and have refused to go back under the biting bed since.

This time tomorrow night, I’ll be soaking away my troubles in a tub full of bubbles . . . all our packing behind us!

2 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law, Joy, suggested a blow up travel tub for outdoors. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete