Saturday, May 17, 2014

KOA, Las Vegas, New Mexico

Travel days are exhausting. I can't rest while we're on the road because  . . . 
I have to be the eyes if Mark takes his off the road!

Cotye, on the other hand, has it pretty good. From starting out as a dog who got car sick at the sight of a car, I'd say he has come a loooong way!


Not a lot to see on our drive to Las Vegas, New Mexico. I had no idea there were two Las Vegas'. They don't have a lot in common. 

Going to journal today's drive with pictures. Enjoy! 

GUARDRAILS




 



OVERPASSES AND BRIDGES





SCENIC









LAVA PATCHES

  

KISS FROM AN ANGEL


MISCELLANEOUS 


(Yikes! No Fear!)



(Everything Adobe)



(Tight Squeeze, ran us off the road a bit!)



(In Remembrance)



(Our Chaperon's Jeep - We're here!)


(As we follow the chaperon to our spot in the park, 
Cotye gets ready because he knows even before set-up . . .
. . .comes walkies!)









6 comments:

  1. You are in Beautiful country..The bridge with the Artsy designs were interesting and the Totem pole too..The bluffs or buttes are great..The old adage ,"A picture is worth a thousand words" really does fit all the great pictures..I am going to get the dictionary or Thesaurus and look up new words for beautiful..Love it all..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is beautiful. I've always been impressed with Arizona highways as they are so ornate, but to see things like this, out in the middle of nowhere is very impressive. Way to go New Mexico!
      I keep expecting to see the silhouette of Native Americans, galloping majestically along the top of the buttes...but nothing..yet!.

      Delete
  2. Love all the photos. How many miles are you driving everyday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Approximately 250-300 miles per day. This will not be be our tempo once we unload this cargo trailer . . . looking forward to meandering like a Tumbleweed.
      (Overkill on tumbleweed plug? lol)

      Delete
    2. I too didn't realize there were two Las Vegas' Love the pictures. How are your knees holding up. Getting stronger?

      Delete
    3. Knees are healing amazingly fast. Thanks for asking! Yes, this Las Vegas is about as opposite as you can get from the one where I was born. My daddy used to tell me he was playing the slots, hit the jackpot and I popped out. LOL

      Delete